“Star Trek: Generations”
|Story||Rick Berman & Brannon Braga & Ronald D. Moore|
|Screenplay||Brannon Braga & Ronald D. Moore|
|Gross (US)||$75.7M USD|
|Gross (Worldwide)||$120.0M USD|
In the 23rd Century, retired Starfleet officers James T. Kirk, Montgomery Scott and Pavel Chekov are guests of honor aboard the newly christened U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-B. The test run takes an unexpected turn when the starship encounters two El Aurian vessels inside the Nexus, a mysterious energy ribbon. During the perilous rescue attempt, Kirk is swept out into space.
Seventy years later, Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D rescue an El Aurian physicist named Soran. Unbeknownst to Picard, Soran harbors a deadly plan that includes the destruction of the Enterprise and millions of lives. Now Picard's only hope for a future rests within the Nexus… and a legendary captain from the past.
Patrick Stewart (Captain Jean-Luc Picard)
Jonathan Frakes (Commander William T. Riker)
Brent Spiner (Lieutenant Commander Data)
LeVar Burton (Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge)
Michael Dorn (Lieutenant Commander Worf)
Marina Sirtis (Commander Deanna Troi)
Gates McFadden (Commander Beverly Crusher, M.D.)
Malcom McDowell (Dr. Tolian Soran)
James Doohan (Captain Montgomery Scott)
Walter Koenig (Commander Pavel Chekov)
William Shatner (Captain James T. Kirk)
Alan Ruck (Captain John Harriman)
Whoopi Goldberg (Guinan)
Barbara March (Lursa)
Gwynyth Walsh (B'Etor)
Jacquiline Kim (Ensign Demora Sulu)
Patti Yasutake (Lieutenant Alyssa Ogawa)
Jenette Goldstein (Enterprise-B Science Officer)
Thomas Kopache (Enterprise-B Comm Officer)
Glenn Morshower (Enterprise-B Navigator)
Tim Russ (Enterprise-B Tactical Lieutenant)
Michael Mack (Ensign Hayes)
Dendrie Taylor (Lieutenant Farrell)
Granville Ames (Enterprise-D Transporter Chief)
Henry Marshall (Enterprise-D Security Officer)
Rif Hutton (Klingon Guard)
Brian Thompson (Klingon Helmsman)
- This movie serves to bridge the Original Series and the Next Generation film series.
- The Enterprise-B helmsman is Demora Sulu, daughter of Hikaru Sulu.
- Worf is promoted to Lieutenant Commander.
- Some of the crew begins using the Starfleet uniforms used on DS9 and Voyager. Of the main cast, only Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner were fitted with new uniforms. Jonathan Frakes wore Avery Brooks' (Sisko) uniform, which was too long, so the sleeves were rolled up. LeVar Burton wore Colm Meaney's (O'Brien) uniform, which was too big and looked slightly baggy on him. Dorn, Sirtis and McFadden wore their old TNG uniforms.
- Whoopi Goldberg was uncredited for her role as Guinan.